This article will share tourists with documents required for Vietnam visa. We hope that these travel tips can support tourists to easily finish the procedure for traveling in Vietnam.
The Vietnamese people that settle abroad and the foreigners that are spouses or children of the Vietnamese residing abroad or Vietnamese citizens are exempt from Vietnam visa for a stay of not more than 06 months for each entry if the passport or documents has at least one year of validity when traveling internationally and owns the documents that can prove the visa-free access. The visa-free paper is valid for a period not exceeding 5 years and has a shorter duration than a passport or valid documents for international travel granted for at least six months.
Foreigners who have the nationalities of Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, the Philippines, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, South Korea, Russia, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland are exempt from Vietnam visa on arrival for a temporary period not exceeding 15 days from the date of entry, if meeting the following conditions; first, owning a valid passport issued by the competent agencies in the country where they are the citizens and the passport that is valid for at least 03 months from the date of entry; second, having roundtrip tickets or the tickets for moving to other countries; third, not being listed among those who are not allowed to enter Vietnam. After the entry into Vietnam, if these people would like to stay in more than 15 days with good reasons; agencies, organizations and individuals in Vietnam will suggest the Ministry of Public Security (Immigration Management Department) or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Consular Department, Protocol Department, Ho Chi Minh External Relations Department) to consider offering visa and extending a residence permit.
Documents for visa to Vietnam at the Vietnamese embassy or consulate
- Passports must be the minimum duration of 06 months;
- Passports are not torn or damaged.
You are required to fill out the form under the guidance of Vietnamese embassy or consulate staff; then, pay the visa fee at the embassy or consulate under the regulations, $25 for one-month visa and $50 for three-month visa. You can pay in Vietnam dong or dollars.
Note that in some cases, foreigners are required to have an entry document approved by the Immigration Department of Vietnam and receive a visa at the Vietnamese embassy or consulate in foreign countries. To get a visa to Vietnam from the Immigration Department, you have to be guaranteed by your relatives who are living in Vietnam. Entry document must be faxed to the Vietnamese embassy or consulate from abroad by the Immigration Department and Ministry of Security.
Standard documents required for Vietnam visa at the airport
- Foreigners’ passports must have at least six months of validity;
- Passports must be not torn or damaged.
- You must have an entry document approved by the Immigration Department – Ministry of Public Security of the Republic of Vietnam Socialist so that you will be allowed to enter Vietnam and get a visa at Vietnam’s international airports. This official dispatch is granted to an individual or organization guarantees by the Immigration Management Department.
Note that you do not need to have an entry dispatch if you are granted visa-free access to Vietnam. Citizens of some countries that are exempt from Vietnam visa on arrival include member states of the ASEAN, Japan, Korea, Russia and Sweden.
Visa procedures for foreigners at Vietnam’s international airports
- Submit your passport
- Submit the entry document (Map copied version is printed on A4 paper)
- Fill out the form under the guidance of the staff of the Immigration management department at the airports.
- Pay visa fee at the airports, one-month visa is $25 and three-month visa is $50. You pay money in Vietnam dong or USD.